Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Manhattan

You said she was your concrete jungle.
that when you see her, thunder shakes through your veins as it did when you first saw our city of lights.
whose streets were filled with our love.

The jungle through which we walked hand in hand with our eyes bright and our hearts bleeding blue over our diamond shaped field of emerald.

Little did i know there were cracks on the pavement, that could easily be filled with the flow of her rushing tide.


so here i am...
drowning.

We can talk it round and round again, or leave it out to die
but I've never been so lost. 
You once said our flame would burn forever. 

I noticed your change, and the very people you love have seen you emerge into motionless clouds of grey.

Ive always wanted black and white.

I finally heard your whispered shouts.

All along she was the city your dreams were made of... 
so you should have shot me down with your 2 bullets,
when you've only ever used one.

just let my body fall. 


Our cord has been pulled too tight, its been hanging by a thread far too long...

I have one foot in sea and the other on shore and I've had my fill of the cold blood that runs through your bones.

Ive hit my low.

if we took it back we would be nowhere.
So take the streets with her lights you call home, and my tears will continue to subside.
and though the darkness still descends, i try to relent my pain
and continue to get over the hill where i can finally hear my heart beat again.
where i no longer feel your storm.


so like thistle and weeds I've learned to grow...



and i wish you well as you cut me down.















No comments:

Post a Comment